BibleCrawler – Advanced Searching for Biblical Languages
Welcome to BibleCrawler, the open source search tool for advanced research of the Bible. BibleCrawler is a search engine that allows you to design and customise queries on a wide variety of biblical texts and lexica in a number of translations.
BibleCrawler comes in three versions
- BibleCrawler - Local install. BibleCrawler and all its databases are installed on your PC.
- BibleCrawler - Online databases. The BibleCrawler program is installed on your PC, but the database are accessed via your internet connection
- BibleCrawler.NET - An web-based version of BibleCrawler (demonstrating only a subset of BibleCrawler's functionality)
To download BibleCrawlerLocal or BibleCrawerOnline, you need to agree to the terms of two licencing agreements by registering as a user. Click here to register.
Click on the buttons below for more information about how to use BibleCrawler
Some clever things that you can do with BibleCrawler!
* Search the Hebrew Bible by word, phrase, morphology and/or WORD FAMILIES
* Semantic Searching: Search the Hebrew Bible using Semantic Dictionary of Biblical Hebrew (SDBH) data
* Search the LXX and Greek NT by word, phrase, morphology and/or word family
* Search the parallel MT/LXX to see how Hebrew words are rendered in the LXX (and vice versa)
* Search lexicons (including searching definitions and fuzzy word searching)
* Compare 2 passages and highlight common lemma, family & semanitic domain
* Complex compound searches using the Search Bucket (see 'Advanced Searches' above)
* perform complex searches with REGEXP syntax-builder.
* Display LXX Variant information
* link to Logos Resources & Perseus Online for lexical analysis
**** RELEASE STATUS ****
BIbleCrawler is currently (May 2012) in a final pre-release phase for version 3.0
The Beta release version is available for free download (for "scholarly use" - see below). The free download version has had the Hebrew Morphology removed. The full Hebrew morphology is a licenced product, which must be purchased as an add-on.Who is it for and how do I get it?
To see the download menu, you must become a REGISTERED USER (use the form to the left of this screen). In order to register, you must indicate you acceptance of the licences under which the data has been made available.
BibleCrawler is a tool for those engaged in research involving Biblical languages. Most of the databases are made available under a scholarly-use / research purposes licence arrangement.
Click here to apply to become a registered user (and assent to the terms of the scholarly-use / research purposes licence).